Schools' soups to warm thousands at Christmas Festival
SOUP recipes provided by two Wisbech schools will be used this weekend to warm some of the expected thousands of visitors to the East of England Christmas Festival. Pupils from Peckover Primary School, Wisbech, and Beaupre Community Primary School, Outwel
SOUP recipes provided by two Wisbech schools will be used this weekend to warm some of the expected thousands of visitors to the East of England Christmas Festival.
Pupils from Peckover Primary School, Wisbech, and Beaupre Community Primary School, Outwell, won through to a regional competition to come up with the tastiest recipe.
The two local schools battled it out in the competition final with two other schools, one from St Neots and the other from Cambridge, at the East of England Showground in Peterborough on Tuesday.
However, on the day the judges couldn't agree on a winner- and gave all equal first places to all four schools.
So it means that each school's recipe will be used throughout the weekend, and each school will get a share of the profits from the sale of the soup.
The Junior Schools Soup Challenge is a new competition for primary school children and has involved youngsters from across the region coming up with their favourite soup recipe.
- 1 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 2 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 3 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 4 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
- 5 Partygoer who claimed ADHD caused him to kill jailed for life
- 6 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 9 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 10 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
The criteria was that each soup must be seasonal and use local produce - and each winning soup was cooked up and tasted in the showground kitchens before judging took place.