School press team selected
THESE five youngsters have taken on the task of keeping their fellow classmates up to date with the latest news on an open spaces scheme their school has adopted. The Year 5 pupils at St Peter s School, Wisbech, make up the press team for the school s Oct
THESE five youngsters have taken on the task of keeping their fellow classmates up to date with the latest news on an open spaces scheme their school has adopted.
The Year 5 pupils at St Peter's School, Wisbech, make up the press team for the school's Octavia Hill project, which is being launched today.
The pupils, Demi Housden, Ashleigh-Mai Garner, Reece Clarke, Karl Wright and Jasmine Warren, are equipped with pens, notebooks and dictaphones ready to keep everyone informed of progress with the year-long project.
The Octavia Hill project is run by Peter Clayton, chairman of the Octavia Hill Society, who is aiming to create 100 spaces for people to enjoy around the world between now and 2012. This concept is based on the belief of Octavia Hill whose philosophy was to create open spaces free for everybody to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
St Peter's is the second school to take up the scheme, after the Orchards Primary School. The launch will be attended by Peter Griffiths, regional director of the National Trust which was founded by Octavia Hill, and mayor of Wisbech Councillor David Oliver, who will plant a rose to commemorate the launch.
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 4 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’