School makes the grade
FRIDAY Bridge Primary School is a shining example of inclusion of all pupils, where teaching and leadership are good, according to Government inspectors. An inspector from Ofsted, the Office for Standards in Education, said the school, with 106 pupils on
FRIDAY Bridge Primary School is a shining example of inclusion of all pupils, where teaching and leadership are good, according to Government inspectors.
An inspector from Ofsted, the Office for Standards in Education, said the school, with 106 pupils on the roll, was a happy and friendly school where all staff were committed to making a difference to the lives of all the pupils.
"Staff know their pupils well and build strong relationships with them so that lessons run smoothly," says the report.
"Teachers use a range of imaginative strategies to stimulate and engage their pupils, so that lessons come alive. In the majority of lessons pupils are engrossed in their work and this is a key reason why behaviour is good. Teaching assistants are valued members of the team."
The inspector added: "Throughout the school pupils enjoy their lessons and are eager to take part. The good behaviour and good achievement reflect the hard work of all staff, who motivate pupils well so that they learn to follow rules consistently," it added.
Headteacher Jayne Williams was highlighted for her leadership and "a clear vision of future educational direction".
- 1 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 2 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 3 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 8 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 9 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 10 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
The report continued: "Relationships are superb and there is a firm commitment to teamwork, to good achievement and to getting things done. Governors hold the school to account well. It is a shining example of inclusion of all pupils."
Mrs Williams said: "We feel very proud that the report recognises the achievements and efforts of the whole school community - pupils, parents, staff and governors. Friday Bridge Primary School is, indeed, a wonderful place in which to learn and work.