School pays respects to the fallen with virtual Remembrance Day assembly
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland school paid their respects to those who made the ultimate sacrifice with a virtual Remembrance Day assembly.
Thomas Clarkson Academy held the event to remember the fallen on November 11, with year seven student Brooke Scott and assistant principal Jon Siracusano present.
During the Last Post, Brooke stood wearing her father Corporal Lee Scott’s medals, who died while serving in Afghanistan in 2009 when she was a baby.
Following the Two-Minute Silence, principal Richard Scott then read ‘For The Fallen’ by Laurence Binyon.
Brooke appeared on ITV’s Good Morning Britain alongside mother Nikki Scott to talk about her family’s charity, Scotty’s Little Soldiers, which was set up following Cpl Scott’s death.
The charity, through its #HelpTheirChildrenSmile mission, offers a wide range of support to bereaved children and their families, including professional bereavement counselling, fun activities such as holiday breaks and personal development assistance.
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 3 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 7 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 8 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 9 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 10 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash