School pays respects to the fallen with virtual Remembrance Day assembly
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland school paid their respects to those who made the ultimate sacrifice with a virtual Remembrance Day assembly.
Thomas Clarkson Academy held the event to remember the fallen on November 11, with year seven student Brooke Scott and assistant principal Jon Siracusano present.
During the Last Post, Brooke stood wearing her father Corporal Lee Scott’s medals, who died while serving in Afghanistan in 2009 when she was a baby.
Following the Two-Minute Silence, principal Richard Scott then read ‘For The Fallen’ by Laurence Binyon.
Brooke appeared on ITV’s Good Morning Britain alongside mother Nikki Scott to talk about her family’s charity, Scotty’s Little Soldiers, which was set up following Cpl Scott’s death.
You may also want to watch:
The charity, through its #HelpTheirChildrenSmile mission, offers a wide range of support to bereaved children and their families, including professional bereavement counselling, fun activities such as holiday breaks and personal development assistance.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000