Emneth’s finest scarecrows out in full force for festival weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Emneth scarecrows came out in full force this weekend featuring a policeman, hedgehog - and even a ghostbuster.
The Fens village came together to celebrate the annual festival with 341 votes cast for the best dressed.
In a post on Facebook, organisers said: "Absolutely amazing atmosphere and turnout.
"The children chose the design, raided old clothes, collected the straw, stuffed the scarecrows and wrote the signs.
"Well done to everyone who entered a scarecrow and took part in the event.
You may also want to watch:
"It was family fun at its best for a lovely village event."
The top five were as follows -
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
1st - Lion King, 67 Church Road 2nd - Molecatching, 75 Hollycroft Road 3rd - Lord Nelson, Banyer Barn, Lady's Drove coming in at 4th was policeman, 15 Lady's Drove and 5th was Ghostbusters at the Gowlers, Gaultree Square.
The event was organised by Emneth Central Hall committee with photos and 'scarecrow polling' arranged by Alison Hoffman.
There was a BBQ, refreshments, jumble stalls and music.