Emneth’s finest scarecrows out in full force for festival weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Emneth scarecrows came out in full force this weekend featuring a policeman, hedgehog - and even a ghostbuster.
The Fens village came together to celebrate the annual festival with 341 votes cast for the best dressed.
In a post on Facebook, organisers said: "Absolutely amazing atmosphere and turnout.
"The children chose the design, raided old clothes, collected the straw, stuffed the scarecrows and wrote the signs.
"Well done to everyone who entered a scarecrow and took part in the event.
"It was family fun at its best for a lovely village event."
The top five were as follows -
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 9 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
1st - Lion King, 67 Church Road 2nd - Molecatching, 75 Hollycroft Road 3rd - Lord Nelson, Banyer Barn, Lady's Drove coming in at 4th was policeman, 15 Lady's Drove and 5th was Ghostbusters at the Gowlers, Gaultree Square.
The event was organised by Emneth Central Hall committee with photos and 'scarecrow polling' arranged by Alison Hoffman.
There was a BBQ, refreshments, jumble stalls and music.