Emneth’s finest scarecrows out in full force for festival weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Emneth scarecrows came out in full force this weekend featuring a policeman, hedgehog - and even a ghostbuster.
The Fens village came together to celebrate the annual festival with 341 votes cast for the best dressed.
In a post on Facebook, organisers said: "Absolutely amazing atmosphere and turnout.
"The children chose the design, raided old clothes, collected the straw, stuffed the scarecrows and wrote the signs.
"Well done to everyone who entered a scarecrow and took part in the event.
You may also want to watch:
"It was family fun at its best for a lovely village event."
The top five were as follows -
- 1 Couple 'treated like criminals' despite disabled carer Covid-19 shopping rules
- 2 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 3 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 6 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 10 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
1st - Lion King, 67 Church Road 2nd - Molecatching, 75 Hollycroft Road 3rd - Lord Nelson, Banyer Barn, Lady's Drove coming in at 4th was policeman, 15 Lady's Drove and 5th was Ghostbusters at the Gowlers, Gaultree Square.
The event was organised by Emneth Central Hall committee with photos and 'scarecrow polling' arranged by Alison Hoffman.
There was a BBQ, refreshments, jumble stalls and music.