Emneth’s finest scarecrows out in full force for festival weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Emneth scarecrows came out in full force this weekend featuring a policeman, hedgehog - and even a ghostbuster.
The Fens village came together to celebrate the annual festival with 341 votes cast for the best dressed.
In a post on Facebook, organisers said: "Absolutely amazing atmosphere and turnout.
"The children chose the design, raided old clothes, collected the straw, stuffed the scarecrows and wrote the signs.
"Well done to everyone who entered a scarecrow and took part in the event.
You may also want to watch:
"It was family fun at its best for a lovely village event."
The top five were as follows -
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
1st - Lion King, 67 Church Road 2nd - Molecatching, 75 Hollycroft Road 3rd - Lord Nelson, Banyer Barn, Lady's Drove coming in at 4th was policeman, 15 Lady's Drove and 5th was Ghostbusters at the Gowlers, Gaultree Square.
The event was organised by Emneth Central Hall committee with photos and 'scarecrow polling' arranged by Alison Hoffman.
There was a BBQ, refreshments, jumble stalls and music.