Scarecrow Festival in Emneth brings village to life with community spirit
- Credit: Archant
They weren’t your average scarecrows but instead they came in all shapes and sizes with unique outfits to bring Emneth to life.
The annual Scarecrow Festival was held this weekend with 45 houses in the village registered to take part.
Dozens of scarecrows were on display outside of houses and in gardens.
Imaginative entries featured a butcher with sausages, hairdresser, pirate and farmer.
The event was followed by a barbecue where the winner of the scarecrow competition was announced.
Carrie Mcnaughton who runs the Slimming World group in the village also made Sally the scarecrow to display outside her house.
Sally wearing red heels was keen on celebrating her weightloss!
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 5 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 6 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 7 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 8 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 9 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 10 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
Carrie said: “I run the village group on a Monday morning at the hub of the village the central hall.
“The festival was fabulous and it was great to be part of the community.
“Also my son who’s only 10has a passion for his shooting as a hobby so made his very own scarecrow.”