Scarecrow Festival in Emneth brings village to life with community spirit
- Credit: Archant
They weren’t your average scarecrows but instead they came in all shapes and sizes with unique outfits to bring Emneth to life.
The annual Scarecrow Festival was held this weekend with 45 houses in the village registered to take part.
Dozens of scarecrows were on display outside of houses and in gardens.
Imaginative entries featured a butcher with sausages, hairdresser, pirate and farmer.
The event was followed by a barbecue where the winner of the scarecrow competition was announced.
Carrie Mcnaughton who runs the Slimming World group in the village also made Sally the scarecrow to display outside her house.
Sally wearing red heels was keen on celebrating her weightloss!
- 1 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
- 2 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 3 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 6 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 7 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 8 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 9 Academy students pitch to the ‘dragons’ for new sports club
- 10 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
Carrie said: “I run the village group on a Monday morning at the hub of the village the central hall.
“The festival was fabulous and it was great to be part of the community.
“Also my son who’s only 10has a passion for his shooting as a hobby so made his very own scarecrow.”