Scarecrow Festival in Emneth brings village to life with community spirit
- Credit: Archant
They weren’t your average scarecrows but instead they came in all shapes and sizes with unique outfits to bring Emneth to life.
The annual Scarecrow Festival was held this weekend with 45 houses in the village registered to take part.
Dozens of scarecrows were on display outside of houses and in gardens.
Imaginative entries featured a butcher with sausages, hairdresser, pirate and farmer.
The event was followed by a barbecue where the winner of the scarecrow competition was announced.
You may also want to watch:
Carrie Mcnaughton who runs the Slimming World group in the village also made Sally the scarecrow to display outside her house.
Sally wearing red heels was keen on celebrating her weightloss!
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
Carrie said: “I run the village group on a Monday morning at the hub of the village the central hall.
“The festival was fabulous and it was great to be part of the community.
“Also my son who’s only 10has a passion for his shooting as a hobby so made his very own scarecrow.”