Scarecrow Festival in Emneth brings village to life with community spirit
- Credit: Archant
They weren’t your average scarecrows but instead they came in all shapes and sizes with unique outfits to bring Emneth to life.
The annual Scarecrow Festival was held this weekend with 45 houses in the village registered to take part.
Dozens of scarecrows were on display outside of houses and in gardens.
Imaginative entries featured a butcher with sausages, hairdresser, pirate and farmer.
The event was followed by a barbecue where the winner of the scarecrow competition was announced.
You may also want to watch:
Carrie Mcnaughton who runs the Slimming World group in the village also made Sally the scarecrow to display outside her house.
Sally wearing red heels was keen on celebrating her weightloss!
- 1 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 4 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 5 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
Carrie said: “I run the village group on a Monday morning at the hub of the village the central hall.
“The festival was fabulous and it was great to be part of the community.
“Also my son who’s only 10has a passion for his shooting as a hobby so made his very own scarecrow.”