Scarecrow Festival in Emneth brings village to life with community spirit
- Credit: Archant
They weren’t your average scarecrows but instead they came in all shapes and sizes with unique outfits to bring Emneth to life.
The annual Scarecrow Festival was held this weekend with 45 houses in the village registered to take part.
Dozens of scarecrows were on display outside of houses and in gardens.
Imaginative entries featured a butcher with sausages, hairdresser, pirate and farmer.
The event was followed by a barbecue where the winner of the scarecrow competition was announced.
You may also want to watch:
Carrie Mcnaughton who runs the Slimming World group in the village also made Sally the scarecrow to display outside her house.
Sally wearing red heels was keen on celebrating her weightloss!
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
Carrie said: “I run the village group on a Monday morning at the hub of the village the central hall.
“The festival was fabulous and it was great to be part of the community.
“Also my son who’s only 10has a passion for his shooting as a hobby so made his very own scarecrow.”