Say cheese! Wisbech Camera club snap up prestigious photography trophy
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Camera Club’s picture-perfect efforts saw them win the prestigious Cambridge Interclub Digital Trophy.
Dozens of camera clubs from across East Anglia made their way down to the event on Saturday January 23, and Wisbech took the trophy home after scoring a superb 97 out of 100, with five images being marked out of 20.
The club bagged full marks for three of their pictures; ‘Boys will be Boys’ by Di Burns, ‘Goshawk on Rabbit by Judy Hodgson and ‘Time and Time Again’ by the club’s new Chairman, Roger Newark.
The competition was judged by David Gibbins from the North and East Midlands Photographic Federation.
The Camera Club meets on Monday evenings at 7.30pm at the Elgoods Football Stadium , Lynn Road, from September to May.
Anyone interested in joining the club can call 01945 465126.
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 3 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 6 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Official who probed Covid breaches by councillors fears for job
- 10 Post office break-in linked to three other ram raids, say police