Say cheese! Wisbech Camera club snap up prestigious photography trophy
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Camera Club’s picture-perfect efforts saw them win the prestigious Cambridge Interclub Digital Trophy.
Dozens of camera clubs from across East Anglia made their way down to the event on Saturday January 23, and Wisbech took the trophy home after scoring a superb 97 out of 100, with five images being marked out of 20.
The club bagged full marks for three of their pictures; ‘Boys will be Boys’ by Di Burns, ‘Goshawk on Rabbit by Judy Hodgson and ‘Time and Time Again’ by the club’s new Chairman, Roger Newark.
The competition was judged by David Gibbins from the North and East Midlands Photographic Federation.
The Camera Club meets on Monday evenings at 7.30pm at the Elgoods Football Stadium , Lynn Road, from September to May.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining the club can call 01945 465126.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 10 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident