Wisbech branch of Save the Children raises more than £1,500
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech branch of Save the Children have raised more than £1,500 so far this year.
The group has been busy fundraising again, holding a stall at the Rose Fair with a tombola, bric-a-brac, DVDs and books for which they raised £899.71.
They then attended the Parson Drove Car and Bike Show with the same stall but with the addition of a bottle game and raised £335.50.
They then had a stall at the Wisbech Town Football Club's charity day raising £185.33. The branch then attended the Wisbech Rock Festival raising £134.00.
The group has raised a total of £1,554.54 from their fundraising events.
You may also want to watch:
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 in order to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid