Dashing through Wisbech Park...Santas take part in Festive Fun Run
- Credit: Archant
If you took a stroll through Wisbech Park over the festive period then you may have come across these fundraising Santas.
The Three Counties Running Club Santa Run Fun saw more than 100 participants don their red cloaks, hats, boots and beards to take on a 1K and 5K race.
Around £500 was raised for the club, who put on several events throughout the year including two other charity races in spring and autumn.
Gary Bligh, organiser, said: “It went really well, we had great weather and a good turn out of people. There were stalls, bouncy castles and all funds raised will go towards us holding more events like this in the community and sessions for children.
“It’s getting bigger each year, which is really promising to see.
You may also want to watch:
“We were really grateful to Audi who supplied us with mince pies, Mel from Krispy Kreme who gave us doughnuts and prizes for our winners from Morrison’s.”
The run took place on Saturday December 22.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online