Staff and students at College of West Anglia raise more than £400 for BBC Children in Need inside their salon
- Credit: Supplied
College staff and students raised more than £400 for BBC Children in Need at their hair and beauty salon.
The College of West Anglia in Wisbech offered a morning of 30-minute treatments, which included pedicures, manicures, shampoos and blow drys.
Other activities saw animal care students dress as giant Pikachu, a flamingo and Super Mario as well as a fundraising volleyball game.
A college spokesman said: "We're overwhelmed with the response we had to doing our pamper day as a fundraiser and would like to say a huge thank you to all those who took part.
"It was great fun supporting BBC Children in Need and to know that we've raised money for a great cause is a fantastic feeling."
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will go on to help transform the lives of disadvantaged children and young people across the UK.
BBC Children in Need have asked the nation to Get Together and fundraise to help make a positive impact on the lives of disadvantaged children.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year