Salon opens with a snip from stylist to the stars Andrew Barton
- Credit: Archant
A new-look commercial salon opened at the College of West Anglia’s Wisbech campus yesterday with an appearance from celebrity hairdresser Andrew Barton.
The salons are part of a £6 million investment at the campus and opened for business in September 2015.
Andrew Barton gave advice and spoke to the college’s hairdressing students about his successful career.
Now renowned as hairdressing royalty and respected as a British hair icon, he began his career as an apprentice in a local salon.
Andrew Barton said: “My career started in a local college in Yorkshire and I am still very proud of those humble beginnings which set the foundation for where I became a hairdresser.”
You may also want to watch:
Principal David Pomfet said: “These new cutting-edge salon facilities create an inspirational learning environment and will enable us to support the current and future workforce in the hair and beauty sector.”
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown