Salon opens with a snip from stylist to the stars Andrew Barton
- Credit: Archant
A new-look commercial salon opened at the College of West Anglia’s Wisbech campus yesterday with an appearance from celebrity hairdresser Andrew Barton.
The salons are part of a £6 million investment at the campus and opened for business in September 2015.
Andrew Barton gave advice and spoke to the college’s hairdressing students about his successful career.
Now renowned as hairdressing royalty and respected as a British hair icon, he began his career as an apprentice in a local salon.
Andrew Barton said: “My career started in a local college in Yorkshire and I am still very proud of those humble beginnings which set the foundation for where I became a hairdresser.”
You may also want to watch:
Principal David Pomfet said: “These new cutting-edge salon facilities create an inspirational learning environment and will enable us to support the current and future workforce in the hair and beauty sector.”
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan