Salon opens with a snip from stylist to the stars Andrew Barton
- Credit: Archant
A new-look commercial salon opened at the College of West Anglia’s Wisbech campus yesterday with an appearance from celebrity hairdresser Andrew Barton.
The salons are part of a £6 million investment at the campus and opened for business in September 2015.
Andrew Barton gave advice and spoke to the college’s hairdressing students about his successful career.
Now renowned as hairdressing royalty and respected as a British hair icon, he began his career as an apprentice in a local salon.
Andrew Barton said: “My career started in a local college in Yorkshire and I am still very proud of those humble beginnings which set the foundation for where I became a hairdresser.”
You may also want to watch:
Principal David Pomfet said: “These new cutting-edge salon facilities create an inspirational learning environment and will enable us to support the current and future workforce in the hair and beauty sector.”
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled