Runners can celebrate with beer
ALL those finishing the Great East Run next month can celebrate or drown their sorrows with a bottle of Elgoods beer. The brewery, which is sponsoring the event, will be handing a bottle of Black Dog beer to all finishers who will also receive a medal and
ALL those finishing the Great East Run next month can celebrate or drown their sorrows with a bottle of Elgoods beer.
The brewery, which is sponsoring the event, will be handing a bottle of Black Dog beer to all finishers who will also receive a medal and a small gift bag.
The Great East Run IS now in its 9th year and takes place on February 17 over a 20km rural road course.
Since its inception club captain John Wharton and course director Nigel Edge have been involved in increasing both the size and prestige of this race to the size and Gold Grade status it now holds.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Tim Morton, chairman of the organising committee, said: "We thought that the best way of expressing their thanks for the last eight years of hard work in race preparation was to make the course director and club captain un the course that they devised and we gave them race numbers 1 and 700."
Among other local businesses that are supporting the race are B1st Sports and Leisure shop in Beccles and ASDA.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
Race entries are flooding in and the event organisers Bungay Black Dog Running Club have put a race entry limit of 700 runners and there are expectations that this will be reached in advance of race day. Entry forms can be downloaded from the event website www.greateastrun.org.uk.