Roundabout rabbits will not be disrupted by work
PLANS by the Wisbech in Bloom committee to enhance the town s Freedom Bridge roundabout have been modified, to enable landscapers to change the roundabout s appearance without disrupting the rabbits that live on it or the traffic that goes around it. The
PLANS by the Wisbech in Bloom committee to enhance the town's Freedom Bridge roundabout have been modified, to enable landscapers to change the roundabout's appearance without disrupting the rabbits that live on it or the traffic that goes around it.
The three boats to be located there will be named after the rabbits featured in the film Watership Down.
All the boats have been cleaned, prepared and painted, thanks to help from the Wisbech B&Q store. Much of the labour was supplied by the Probation Service.
The heaviest boat came from Sutton Bridge and was moved to Wisbech, free of charge, by Drake Towage.
You may also want to watch:
A lobster pot, fishing nets, more chain and a large anchor are still needed for the display, and the committee is appealing for help from the public in its search for these items.
Wisbech in Bloom members have started getting plants ready for the 180 hanging baskets which will decorate the town centre. Sponsorship will be available for some of them - £20 if watered by the sponsor, £30 if watered by contract.
- 1 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 2 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 6 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 7 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 8 Showcase status for Academy
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
A total of £2,000 has been donated from the Fenland Community Grant to buy four large planters to enhance the Clarkson Memorial.
CONTACT: Bob Ollier on 01354 602149 or Penny Stocks on 01945 581208. Roundabout rabbits will not be disrupted by work