Roundabout rabbits will not be disrupted by work
PLANS by the Wisbech in Bloom committee to enhance the town s Freedom Bridge roundabout have been modified, to enable landscapers to change the roundabout s appearance without disrupting the rabbits that live on it or the traffic that goes around it. The
PLANS by the Wisbech in Bloom committee to enhance the town's Freedom Bridge roundabout have been modified, to enable landscapers to change the roundabout's appearance without disrupting the rabbits that live on it or the traffic that goes around it.
The three boats to be located there will be named after the rabbits featured in the film Watership Down.
All the boats have been cleaned, prepared and painted, thanks to help from the Wisbech B&Q store. Much of the labour was supplied by the Probation Service.
The heaviest boat came from Sutton Bridge and was moved to Wisbech, free of charge, by Drake Towage.
A lobster pot, fishing nets, more chain and a large anchor are still needed for the display, and the committee is appealing for help from the public in its search for these items.
Wisbech in Bloom members have started getting plants ready for the 180 hanging baskets which will decorate the town centre. Sponsorship will be available for some of them - £20 if watered by the sponsor, £30 if watered by contract.
- 1 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
A total of £2,000 has been donated from the Fenland Community Grant to buy four large planters to enhance the Clarkson Memorial.
CONTACT: Bob Ollier on 01354 602149 or Penny Stocks on 01945 581208. Roundabout rabbits will not be disrupted by work