Rotarians team up with St Peter's for fund raising harvest festival and supper
WISBECH St Peter s Church and the Rotary Club of Wisbech joined together to hold a Harvest Festival Service at St Peter s Church, followed by a Harvest Supper at St Peter s Church Hall. This was a new initiative and proved to be a real success. The churc
WISBECH St Peter's Church and the Rotary Club of Wisbech joined together to hold a Harvest Festival Service at St Peter's Church, followed by a Harvest Supper at St Peter's Church Hall.
This was a new initiative and proved to be a real success. The church service was lead by the Rev. David Fleming.
The supper was followed by a raffle, a selection of 'farming ' songs sung by Keith Aplin and a Charity Harvest Auction.
The auction proved to be a very entertaining event with a lot of participation and repartee from diners.
You may also want to watch:
The whole event raised over �1,000 for Church and Rotary charities. Many thanks are given to those who donated time to set up the event and in generous donations to food, raffles and the auction. It is hoped that this event will become established in the Wisbech annual social calendar, and that future years will top this impressive start.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 8 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 9 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout