Rotarians team up with St Peter's for fund raising harvest festival and supper
WISBECH St Peter s Church and the Rotary Club of Wisbech joined together to hold a Harvest Festival Service at St Peter s Church, followed by a Harvest Supper at St Peter s Church Hall. This was a new initiative and proved to be a real success. The churc
WISBECH St Peter's Church and the Rotary Club of Wisbech joined together to hold a Harvest Festival Service at St Peter's Church, followed by a Harvest Supper at St Peter's Church Hall.
This was a new initiative and proved to be a real success. The church service was lead by the Rev. David Fleming.
The supper was followed by a raffle, a selection of 'farming ' songs sung by Keith Aplin and a Charity Harvest Auction.
The auction proved to be a very entertaining event with a lot of participation and repartee from diners.
You may also want to watch:
The whole event raised over �1,000 for Church and Rotary charities. Many thanks are given to those who donated time to set up the event and in generous donations to food, raffles and the auction. It is hoped that this event will become established in the Wisbech annual social calendar, and that future years will top this impressive start.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time