Rotarians team up with St Peter's for fund raising harvest festival and supper
WISBECH St Peter s Church and the Rotary Club of Wisbech joined together to hold a Harvest Festival Service at St Peter s Church, followed by a Harvest Supper at St Peter s Church Hall. This was a new initiative and proved to be a real success. The churc
WISBECH St Peter's Church and the Rotary Club of Wisbech joined together to hold a Harvest Festival Service at St Peter's Church, followed by a Harvest Supper at St Peter's Church Hall.
This was a new initiative and proved to be a real success. The church service was lead by the Rev. David Fleming.
The supper was followed by a raffle, a selection of 'farming ' songs sung by Keith Aplin and a Charity Harvest Auction.
The auction proved to be a very entertaining event with a lot of participation and repartee from diners.
You may also want to watch:
The whole event raised over �1,000 for Church and Rotary charities. Many thanks are given to those who donated time to set up the event and in generous donations to food, raffles and the auction. It is hoped that this event will become established in the Wisbech annual social calendar, and that future years will top this impressive start.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown