Rosmini Centre in Wisbech celebrates 10th birthday and International Children’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of children and adults helped celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Rosmini Centre in Wisbech at the weekend.
As part of their annual International Children’s Day celebrations, the charity decided to host the birthday party at The Spinney adventure playground.
Attractions included a climbing wall, archery, spider mountain, football, basketball, table tennis and stocks.
Some of the 50 staff and volunteers dressed up as film characters like Jack Sparrow, Darth Vader and Mini Mouse and posed for photographs with children.
Organisations including Little Miracles and Wisbech Museum also featured.
You may also want to watch:
Anita Grodkiewicz, Rosmini centre manager, said: “The aim was to encourage children and adults to try out new activities and it was a fantastically successful event.
“We had between 700 and 1,000 people turn up throughout the day and I’d like to say a very big thank-you to all the staff and volunteers who supported the event.”
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began