Rose and Crown Hotel in Wisbech - which featured on Channel 5 Alex Polizzi show The Hotel Inspector - sold
- Credit: Archant
The historic 600 year-old Rose and Crown Hotel in Wisbech has been sold.
The 28-room hotel, in Market Place, was put on the market for £900,000 by Jim and Rosemary Farrelly in January 2013.
New owner Rajesh Sadana will take over the hotel on September 24.
A spokesman for the new owner said: “The current owners are retiring and Mr Sadana saw a great opportunity to acquire this professionally run hotel with a family atmosphere.
“He has previously owned a hotel, retail businesses and currently has a property portfolio but is keen to be very hands-on in the running of the business.
You may also want to watch:
“Fellow director and accountant, John Howell, has worked with Mr Sadana for many years and is lending his wealth of business experience to the management team.
“Expect to see both of them around the place, greeting guests and helping to ensure the current high standards are maintained.”
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 10 HMO plans submitted for village pub
An official launch party will be held on October 1 with drinks, snacks and free giveaways.
Previous owner Mr Farrelly caused a stir this summer when he criticised a free Sunday car boot sale in the town.
He said: “Sad to see what Wisbech has become on a Sunday, a free boot sale town.
“Surely we deserve better for our town centre? It’s such an eyesore. Is this really what you want your town to look like?”
Under his predecessor, Jonathan Davies, the hotel appeared on Alex Polizzi’s Channel 5 show, The Hotel Inspector, in July 2009.