Rose and Crown Hotel in Wisbech - which featured on Channel 5 Alex Polizzi show The Hotel Inspector - sold
- Credit: Archant
The historic 600 year-old Rose and Crown Hotel in Wisbech has been sold.
The 28-room hotel, in Market Place, was put on the market for £900,000 by Jim and Rosemary Farrelly in January 2013.
New owner Rajesh Sadana will take over the hotel on September 24.
A spokesman for the new owner said: “The current owners are retiring and Mr Sadana saw a great opportunity to acquire this professionally run hotel with a family atmosphere.
“He has previously owned a hotel, retail businesses and currently has a property portfolio but is keen to be very hands-on in the running of the business.
You may also want to watch:
“Fellow director and accountant, John Howell, has worked with Mr Sadana for many years and is lending his wealth of business experience to the management team.
“Expect to see both of them around the place, greeting guests and helping to ensure the current high standards are maintained.”
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 10 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
An official launch party will be held on October 1 with drinks, snacks and free giveaways.
Previous owner Mr Farrelly caused a stir this summer when he criticised a free Sunday car boot sale in the town.
He said: “Sad to see what Wisbech has become on a Sunday, a free boot sale town.
“Surely we deserve better for our town centre? It’s such an eyesore. Is this really what you want your town to look like?”
Under his predecessor, Jonathan Davies, the hotel appeared on Alex Polizzi’s Channel 5 show, The Hotel Inspector, in July 2009.