Rose and Crown Hotel in Wisbech - which featured on Channel 5 Alex Polizzi show The Hotel Inspector - sold
- Credit: Archant
The historic 600 year-old Rose and Crown Hotel in Wisbech has been sold.
The 28-room hotel, in Market Place, was put on the market for £900,000 by Jim and Rosemary Farrelly in January 2013.
New owner Rajesh Sadana will take over the hotel on September 24.
A spokesman for the new owner said: “The current owners are retiring and Mr Sadana saw a great opportunity to acquire this professionally run hotel with a family atmosphere.
“He has previously owned a hotel, retail businesses and currently has a property portfolio but is keen to be very hands-on in the running of the business.
You may also want to watch:
“Fellow director and accountant, John Howell, has worked with Mr Sadana for many years and is lending his wealth of business experience to the management team.
“Expect to see both of them around the place, greeting guests and helping to ensure the current high standards are maintained.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March
An official launch party will be held on October 1 with drinks, snacks and free giveaways.
Previous owner Mr Farrelly caused a stir this summer when he criticised a free Sunday car boot sale in the town.
He said: “Sad to see what Wisbech has become on a Sunday, a free boot sale town.
“Surely we deserve better for our town centre? It’s such an eyesore. Is this really what you want your town to look like?”
Under his predecessor, Jonathan Davies, the hotel appeared on Alex Polizzi’s Channel 5 show, The Hotel Inspector, in July 2009.