Rose and Crown Hotel in Wisbech - which featured on Channel 5 Alex Polizzi show The Hotel Inspector - sold
- Credit: Archant
The historic 600 year-old Rose and Crown Hotel in Wisbech has been sold.
The 28-room hotel, in Market Place, was put on the market for £900,000 by Jim and Rosemary Farrelly in January 2013.
New owner Rajesh Sadana will take over the hotel on September 24.
A spokesman for the new owner said: “The current owners are retiring and Mr Sadana saw a great opportunity to acquire this professionally run hotel with a family atmosphere.
“He has previously owned a hotel, retail businesses and currently has a property portfolio but is keen to be very hands-on in the running of the business.
You may also want to watch:
“Fellow director and accountant, John Howell, has worked with Mr Sadana for many years and is lending his wealth of business experience to the management team.
“Expect to see both of them around the place, greeting guests and helping to ensure the current high standards are maintained.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 9 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 10 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
An official launch party will be held on October 1 with drinks, snacks and free giveaways.
Previous owner Mr Farrelly caused a stir this summer when he criticised a free Sunday car boot sale in the town.
He said: “Sad to see what Wisbech has become on a Sunday, a free boot sale town.
“Surely we deserve better for our town centre? It’s such an eyesore. Is this really what you want your town to look like?”
Under his predecessor, Jonathan Davies, the hotel appeared on Alex Polizzi’s Channel 5 show, The Hotel Inspector, in July 2009.