Rogue traders warning
POLICE in south Lincolnshire are warning people to be on their guard for rogue traders, who have been operating in Long Sutton and the surrounding area. They would particularly like to hear from anyone who has been approached by a company claiming to be B
POLICE in south Lincolnshire are warning people to be on their guard for rogue traders, who have been operating in Long Sutton and the surrounding area.
They would particularly like to hear from anyone who has been approached by a company claiming to be Britannia Builders.
They use a W-reg white Mercedes Sprinter van with ladders on the roof. It is believed that the van has a removable sign on it with the firm's name and logo on.
A police spokesman said: "They may be approaching homeowners pointing out and offering to repair poor workmanship. Using this tactic, they have already entered one home in Long Sutton and stolen a quantity of cash.
"It is unlikely that reputable builders would 'cold call' on people in this way, and therefore anyone who does this should arouse suspicion.
"Police stress that householders should not let unknown callers into their homes, whether they appear to be traders or officials. These people can be very convincing, but please remember to check credentials. Genuine callers will have no objections to waiting whilst you do this."
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
* Anyone with information relating to these builders is asked to contact DC Alan Jesson at Spalding Police Station, on 01775 722233.