Robbers steal bank card, neck chain and money in Wisbech attack
ROBBERS took money, a bank card and a neck chain after attacking a 24-year-old man in Wisbech.
The victim was walking home from a night out at about 1.15am on Saturday when he was approached by a group of men and one woman in Churchill Road.
An argument began before the victim was punched and kicked. They stole the money, bank card and neck chain from him in Park Road.
The man suffered minor injuries.
The attack is believed to be linked to an earlier exchange of words between the victim and the group outside Toppings restaurant at 9pm on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
DC Ahmed Ishaq, investigating, said: “We would like to hear from anyone who may have seen this group anywhere in Churchill Road, Kings Walk alleyway, William Road, or Park Road where the robbery took place.
“This was a nasty attack and any information no matter how small could help us bring the offenders to justice.”
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 4 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
Anyone with information should contact DC Ishaq at Wisbech Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.