Roadshows launched to help inform residents in Fenland of changes to the bin collections
ROADSHOWS are being held by Fenland District Council to give advance notice to residents of the changes to their bin collections that are due next month. A new, easy-to-use website – • To visit the new website click here• To visit the new website click here
ROADSHOWS are being held by Fenland District Council to give advance notice to residents of the changes to their bin collections that are due next month.
A new, easy-to-use website has also been launched to enable people to get all the details of their collection days.
Residents can enter their particular address at any time and see details of the collection day for their bins - including the current day and what the arrangements will be from October 5 - along with any adjustments to collection calendars, detailing when their next collection will be for each bin.
The site also gives a three-month calendar for collections and clearly shows what should be put in each bin.
Cllr Peter Murphy, portfolio holder with responsibility for the environment, said: "The website gives all the information that individual households need. Everyone should make full use of this fantastic webpage.
"Meanwhile, anyone with any questions or concerns about the forthcoming changes can wait for their detailed letter and calendar to be delivered or come along to our roadshows."
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 4 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 5 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 6 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 7 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 8 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 9 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 10 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
The remaining shows will be at Furrowfields car park in Chatteris on Friday, Parson Drove village hall (Monday), March market place (Tuesday), Manea village hall (Thursday) and Whittlesey market place (Friday).
All households in Fenland will also receive a letter between September 14 and 19 giving full details of their forthcoming collection times.