Roadshows launched to help inform residents in Fenland of changes to the bin collections
ROADSHOWS are being held by Fenland District Council to give advance notice to residents of the changes to their bin collections that are due next month. A new, easy-to-use website – • To visit the new website click here• To visit the new website click here
ROADSHOWS are being held by Fenland District Council to give advance notice to residents of the changes to their bin collections that are due next month.
A new, easy-to-use website has also been launched to enable people to get all the details of their collection days.
Residents can enter their particular address at any time and see details of the collection day for their bins - including the current day and what the arrangements will be from October 5 - along with any adjustments to collection calendars, detailing when their next collection will be for each bin.
The site also gives a three-month calendar for collections and clearly shows what should be put in each bin.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Peter Murphy, portfolio holder with responsibility for the environment, said: "The website gives all the information that individual households need. Everyone should make full use of this fantastic webpage.
"Meanwhile, anyone with any questions or concerns about the forthcoming changes can wait for their detailed letter and calendar to be delivered or come along to our roadshows."
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 10 HMO plans submitted for village pub
The remaining shows will be at Furrowfields car park in Chatteris on Friday, Parson Drove village hall (Monday), March market place (Tuesday), Manea village hall (Thursday) and Whittlesey market place (Friday).
All households in Fenland will also receive a letter between September 14 and 19 giving full details of their forthcoming collection times.