Reward to help find horse trailer stolen from Outwell
- Credit: Archant
Owners of a horse trailer stolen from a field in Outwell are hoping a £300 reward will help get it back.
The blue Ifor trailer, with gold rearing horse emblems on the side and back, was stolen from a field in Outwell last Wednesday lunchtime between 1pm and 2.30pm.
Owner, Gemma Newton, who is a local farrier, explained they have only had it a month and have used it just once.
She said: “We bought it off a friend so we can enjoy endurance and leisure riding. We have only taken it out once.
“It is particularly upsetting as my boyfriend, Daniel Hallam, lost his arm in a motorcycling accident last year and horse riding has given him a new interest and something to focus on as well as keeping him active.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope the reward might encourage someone with information about who stole the trailer to come forward because we would really like it back.”
The trailer, which is worth around £2,000 is data tagged and has security marking on the roof.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
Miss Newton also hopes the gold horse emblems might help people to spot it.
“Even if they peel the emblems off it will still be visible that they were there,” she said.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555-111