REVIEW: Dirty Dancing – The Ultimate Tribute Show is full of feel-good flirty routines and nostalgic singalongs
- Credit: Archant
Raunchy routines and saucy sing-alongs make up this Dirty Dancing tribute show - but the story itself is a little underdeveloped.
If you’re expecting to experience a re-telling of the whole story, it’s not quite that. More like little snippets of the plot.
Though the dancing was spot on - brilliantly choreographed and flirtatious - and I couldn’t fault the vocal performances or costumes, there seemed to be a lot of holes left in the storytelling.
That said, it didn’t stop hundreds of middle-aged women - clearly there for a raunchy girls night out - getting up off their seats singing along and screaming every time one of the male characters showed a bit of flesh.
Cheesy and slightly cringe-worthy at times, but there’s no denying Dirty Dancing - The Ultimate Tribute Show makes for a night of feel good flirty fun.
You may also want to watch:
Just make sure you have a few drinks beforehand, then you’ll enjoy it that bit more (especially if you’re a boyfriend/husband that has been dragged along).
- 1 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 2 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 3 £1,000 donation will help bring school swimming pool back to life
- 4 LETTER: Why I quit as an independent to re-join Tories
- 5 Community order for woman who spat at police officer in 'vile assault'
- 6 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 9 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 10 Police seize e-scooter as part of action plan following hit-and-run