REVIEW: Dirty Dancing – The Ultimate Tribute Show is full of feel-good flirty routines and nostalgic singalongs
- Credit: Archant
Raunchy routines and saucy sing-alongs make up this Dirty Dancing tribute show - but the story itself is a little underdeveloped.
If you’re expecting to experience a re-telling of the whole story, it’s not quite that. More like little snippets of the plot.
Though the dancing was spot on - brilliantly choreographed and flirtatious - and I couldn’t fault the vocal performances or costumes, there seemed to be a lot of holes left in the storytelling.
That said, it didn’t stop hundreds of middle-aged women - clearly there for a raunchy girls night out - getting up off their seats singing along and screaming every time one of the male characters showed a bit of flesh.
Cheesy and slightly cringe-worthy at times, but there’s no denying Dirty Dancing - The Ultimate Tribute Show makes for a night of feel good flirty fun.
You may also want to watch:
Just make sure you have a few drinks beforehand, then you’ll enjoy it that bit more (especially if you’re a boyfriend/husband that has been dragged along).
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors