Revamped Wisbech Library set to re-open in January after �2.5 million refit
REVAMPED and modernised Wisbech Library is set to reopen in January, the county council announced today. The �2.5 million project is being funded by Cambridgeshire County Council, the National Lottery, EEDA and the Greater Cambridge Partnership. The counc
REVAMPED and modernised Wisbech Library is set to reopen in January, the county council announced today.
The �2.5 million project is being funded by Cambridgeshire County Council, the National Lottery, EEDA and the Greater Cambridge Partnership.
The council said the library - Cambridgeshire's third busiest- will also have a dedicated community and learning centre.
The learning centre will provide an IT suite for the delivery of information, advice and guidance sessions and flexible learning leading to recognised qualifications in IT, reading, writing and numeracy all delivered by qualified tutors in a way that meet the needs of the individual learners.
You may also want to watch:
County Council Cabinet Member for Communities, Councillor Sir Peter Brown, said: "We've waited a long time to be able to fund a learning centre for Wisbech and are grateful to EEDA for the opportunity to bring our successful delivery via libraries to a town which has asked us so clearly to provide such a beneficial community service."
For now the temporary library remains open at the Queen Mary Centre. A mobile library is also available on the Market Square every Thursday, from 9.30 am-4.30 pm.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 9 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal