Revamped Wisbech Library set to re-open in January after �2.5 million refit
REVAMPED and modernised Wisbech Library is set to reopen in January, the county council announced today. The �2.5 million project is being funded by Cambridgeshire County Council, the National Lottery, EEDA and the Greater Cambridge Partnership. The counc
REVAMPED and modernised Wisbech Library is set to reopen in January, the county council announced today.
The �2.5 million project is being funded by Cambridgeshire County Council, the National Lottery, EEDA and the Greater Cambridge Partnership.
The council said the library - Cambridgeshire's third busiest- will also have a dedicated community and learning centre.
The learning centre will provide an IT suite for the delivery of information, advice and guidance sessions and flexible learning leading to recognised qualifications in IT, reading, writing and numeracy all delivered by qualified tutors in a way that meet the needs of the individual learners.
You may also want to watch:
County Council Cabinet Member for Communities, Councillor Sir Peter Brown, said: "We've waited a long time to be able to fund a learning centre for Wisbech and are grateful to EEDA for the opportunity to bring our successful delivery via libraries to a town which has asked us so clearly to provide such a beneficial community service."
For now the temporary library remains open at the Queen Mary Centre. A mobile library is also available on the Market Square every Thursday, from 9.30 am-4.30 pm.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 3 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 4 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 No queue as vaccinations for 500 patients in a day begin
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021