From cutlery to a 32-inch TV, residents rally for Wisbech man after fire rips through house
- Credit: Archant
Residents have rallied to help a disabled man after a well-developed fire ripped through his house.
The man went to Simon Crowson, founder of charity 50 Backpacks, for help after his semi-detached bungalow on Holmes Drive in Wisbech caught fire on Saturday, June 27.
Since then, Simon pledged to help the man, who was supported by 50 Backpacks with food parcels throughout the coronavirus lockdown, to help replace as many of the items as possible.
From cutlery and saucepans to a sofa and a 32-inch TV, residents have shared their generosity towards the cause and in the space of a few hours, several household items were being offered for donation.
The man, who stayed with friends over the weekend, is now believed to have a place of his own.
You may also want to watch:
Writing on social media, one person said “what a fantastic group you all are”, another added “I can help with cutlery and crockery” while one user said “I have a summer house full of bits. I was going to do a car boot but you’re welcome to anything in there you may need!”
The cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 7 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 8 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’