Registered sex offender who lived in Wisbech jailed for breaching his notification requirements
- Credit: Google Maps 3D
A registered sex offender who lived in Wisbech has been jailed after he was tracked down living on the streets of London when he was meant to be at probation appointments.
David Livingstone, 57, of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to one count of failing to comply with Sex Offenders Register notification requirements.
He was jailed for eight months at Cambridge Crown Court yesterday (August 13).
Officers visited his then home in Wisbech after he failed to attend two appointments with the probation team on June 25 and July 2.
Livingstone wasn't there and evidence suggested he had moved to Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
He was tracked down by officers living on the streets in Charing Cross, London on July 20.
DC Andy Harding said: "All registered sex offenders in our county are allocated to a member of our Public Protection Unit to be monitored.
- 1 Couple 'treated like criminals' despite disabled carer Covid-19 shopping rules
- 2 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 3 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 6 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 10 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
"Part of this includes carrying out unannounced visits at their home address, accessing their electronic devices and speaking with them about their daily activity.
"Failure to comply with the requirements will result in a breach and in Livingstone's case, being sent back to prison."