Reduce, reuse and recycle at Amey’s Eco Family Fun Day this month
- Credit: Archant
Reduce, reuse and recycle will be the order of the day when an Eco Family Fun Day is held at in Wisbech later this month.
A treasure bug hunt, worm hotel building and a repair café will be just some of the activities on offer at the free, half-term event at the Queen Mary Centre designed to help families with their recycling and reuse.
The day, which runs from 10am to 2pm on May 30, is the first in a range of events being held across the county over the next year by Fenland District Council’s and Cambridgeshire County Council’s waste management partner Amey.
Lisa Constanti-Duggan, Amey’s waste education manager, said: “The aim of the day is to showcase different initiatives across the county where recycling, reuse and reduction are happening right now, as well as provide people with inspiration for how to make the most of (and reduce) their own waste. “Through a range of activities and information sharing, we hope that the event motivates people to make a difference and create a sustainable Cambridgeshire.”
The fun day will help families to be confident with their recycling using a range of craft and educational activities.
Youngsters can become ‘Superworm Champion Composters’ by building their own worm hotels, make their own compost stew and bug hunting kits, and take part in a bug treasure hunt.
Experts will also be on-hand to help repair broken electronics, bikes and households items that residents can bring into a Repair Café.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 3 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 4 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 5 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
- 6 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 7 Partygoer who claimed ADHD caused him to kill jailed for life
- 8 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 9 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 10 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
There will also be lots of recycling activities, arts and crafts and a reading corner, as well as the chance to win some eco goodies in a competition.
• To find out more about the day or to book a space on one of the activity sessions, contact 01223 815490 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.