Dan Barber from Wimblington to run London Marathon 2019 in aid of Cambridgeshire-based mental health charity Red2Green
- Credit: SUPPLIED
A Wimblington man is all set to run this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon in aid of a Cambridgeshire-based mental health charity, Red2Green.
Dan Barber, a member of the March Athletic Club, decided to approach Red2Green after unsuccessfully entering the general ballot.
He said: “My wife mentioned to a friend that I hadn’t got a place and it turned out the charity the friend worked for had a vacant slot.
“After a discussion and visit to the head office at Swaffham Bulbeck to meet the staff, who are so enthusiastic and passionate about the work they do, I agreed to run for them.”
Red2Green is a local mental health charity working with people who have learning disabilities, on the autistic spectrum or suffering with mental health problems.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Barber added: “They offer vital support on a very tight budget, so being able to do something I enjoy to help benefit them is amazing.
“I am holding a fitness day at my local gym and hosting a disco as part of my fundraising efforts.”
- 1 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 2 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 5 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 8 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 9 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 10 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
To donate, visit: uk.virginmoneygiving.com/daniel-barber-SAVMLMBONDS3332019-162988
Are you from Cambridgeshire and running this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon? We’d love to feature you in our newspaper, online and in print.
Please email your name, age, where you live and the cause you are running for and why to firstname.lastname@example.org – include ‘London Marathon 2019’ in the subject area.
Please keep submissions between 150-200 words and make sure you attach a photograph. Remember to leave contact details so we can catch up with you after the race. Good luck!