Red Cross emergency response teams visit homes after Storm Eunice
- Credit: Terry Harris
British Red Cross emergency response teams have visited Fenland residents this afternoon who are still without power following Storm Eunice.
Power has been out at Sealey’s Lane in Parson Drove near Wisbech since around 1.30pm on Friday (February 18) after strong winds caused by the storm.
UK Power Networks, along with the Red Cross, were door knocking today helping any residents who may need support as a result of the outage.
According to UK Power Networks, electricity is likely to be restored this afternoon between 3.30pm and 4.30pm after more than 48 hours without power.
Two emergency response vehicles were spotted in Parson Drove this afternoon along with several engineers working to fix the problems.
A spokesperson for UK Power Networks said: “There is currently a power cut in the PE13 4 area.
“Our engineers are working hard to fix it as quickly as possible. We are sorry for any trouble this may have caused you.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 6 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 7 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
“We're investigating an overhead electricity line fault which has caused a power cut in the local area. The number of customers affected is to be confirmed.”
For the most up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Cambridgeshire traffic map.
Do you have a live or breaking news story from across Cambridgeshire? Email: email@example.com