Rector to attend village mini mart to take bookings for weddings and christenings
THE Rector of Leverington will be on hand to take bookings for weddings, christenings or renewal of vows on Saturday morning, when she attends the monthly mini mart.
Rev Sandra Gardner will be at St Leonard’s between 10 to 12 noon, to talk to residents who want a special church service, and she will have all the necessary paper work on hand.
The Rector said: “Every month I am in church for a vestry morning, I see it as a way of making everyone welcome to our church. I can assure residents that they will definitely be able to find me there; sometimes it is difficult to track me down because I am responsible for three parishes.
“There is nothing worse than ringing up to book something, and be greeted by an answer phone.”
Rev Gardner, who is also responsible for Newton and Tydd St Giles, sits behind a table near the Leverington church door during the mini mart that includes a range of stalls and refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “The mini mart has built up around the vestry morning, and has been hugely successful. We welcome everyone to come along, the church is here for the whole village and we want to open it up to all. The event also gives wedding couples a chance to take a look around the church.
“Some months I am busier with bookings than others; I already have several wedding booked for next year, and one booked for 2014.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
This month’s mini mart on Saturday June 9 will include a variety of stalls, from fresh farm produce to silver jewellery, and a very popular cake stall.
Refreshments will be available, including home made cakes. To book a stall, ring 01945 475097. Stallholders can set up from 8.30am.