Fire breaks out at reclamation yard in Wisbech - but is quickly brought under control
- Credit: Archant
A fire at a reclamation yard in Wisbech was quickly brought under control earlier today.
The blaze broke out in a wood container at Taylors Reclaims Ltd on the Weasenham Lane industrial estate.
The cause of the fire is not yet known but Cambridgeshire fire and rescue were quickly on the scene to bring it under control.
A spokesman at the company said a few moments ago that fire crews were still at the scene damping down.
The company specialises in reclaimed building materials and is one of the foremost specialists of its kind in East Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
It holds large stocks of reclaimed building materials and supplies architects, builders, developers and private customers with a vast amount salvaged materials.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “At 2.24pm, on Monday ( September 3), the north roaming fire engine, one crew from Wisbech, one crew from Kings Lynn and one crew from West Walton were called to a storage shed fire on Algores Way, Wisbech.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 7 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 8 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 9 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
“Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two jets and one hose reel to extinguish the fire, before dampening the area down.
“Two crews are still at the incident.”