Fire breaks out at reclamation yard in Wisbech - but is quickly brought under control
- Credit: Archant
A fire at a reclamation yard in Wisbech was quickly brought under control earlier today.
The blaze broke out in a wood container at Taylors Reclaims Ltd on the Weasenham Lane industrial estate.
The cause of the fire is not yet known but Cambridgeshire fire and rescue were quickly on the scene to bring it under control.
A spokesman at the company said a few moments ago that fire crews were still at the scene damping down.
The company specialises in reclaimed building materials and is one of the foremost specialists of its kind in East Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
It holds large stocks of reclaimed building materials and supplies architects, builders, developers and private customers with a vast amount salvaged materials.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “At 2.24pm, on Monday ( September 3), the north roaming fire engine, one crew from Wisbech, one crew from Kings Lynn and one crew from West Walton were called to a storage shed fire on Algores Way, Wisbech.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
“Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two jets and one hose reel to extinguish the fire, before dampening the area down.
“Two crews are still at the incident.”