Ready for Mr Nasty
BUDDING musician Owen Armstrong is tuning his vocal chords ready to face up to television s Mr Nasty - and meet his very own music idol at the same time. He will be off to Sheffield on July 16 for an audition for this year s X-Factor competition. His gran
BUDDING musician Owen Armstrong is tuning his vocal chords ready to face up to television's Mr Nasty - and meet his very own music idol at the same time.
He will be off to Sheffield on July 16 for an audition for this year's X-Factor competition.
His grandmother Sandra Armstrong said though that Owen was not fazed by singing in front of Simon Cowell, and was more looking forward to meeting one of his fellow judges, Sharon Osbourne.
She said: "When Owen watched X-Factor on television he kept saying he would go and audition just to meet her.
"He applied a few months ago but we heard nothing until Monday - when he got a letter saying he was invited to an audition in Sheffield on July 16.
"He has been walking around with a huge grin on his face since because he just loves singing."
- 1 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 2 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 3 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 4 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 5 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 6 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 7 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 8 Wisbech based Alan Hudson centre receives third outstanding award
- 9 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
Owen, 16, of Blackbear Lane, Walsoken, has just finished his GCSE exams at the Queen's School, and is busy rehearsing his lines for the forthcoming We Will Rock You Queen tribute show which is being held at the Wisbech school between July 10-13.
He has performed in a number of productions at the school and taught himself how to play guitar.
Mrs Armstrong said: "He is going to sing Moondance, one of Van Morrison's songs, because he is a fan of Van Morrison and other similar artists.