Ready for Mr Nasty
BUDDING musician Owen Armstrong is tuning his vocal chords ready to face up to television s Mr Nasty - and meet his very own music idol at the same time. He will be off to Sheffield on July 16 for an audition for this year s X-Factor competition. His gran
BUDDING musician Owen Armstrong is tuning his vocal chords ready to face up to television's Mr Nasty - and meet his very own music idol at the same time.
He will be off to Sheffield on July 16 for an audition for this year's X-Factor competition.
His grandmother Sandra Armstrong said though that Owen was not fazed by singing in front of Simon Cowell, and was more looking forward to meeting one of his fellow judges, Sharon Osbourne.
She said: "When Owen watched X-Factor on television he kept saying he would go and audition just to meet her.
You may also want to watch:
"He applied a few months ago but we heard nothing until Monday - when he got a letter saying he was invited to an audition in Sheffield on July 16.
"He has been walking around with a huge grin on his face since because he just loves singing."
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
Owen, 16, of Blackbear Lane, Walsoken, has just finished his GCSE exams at the Queen's School, and is busy rehearsing his lines for the forthcoming We Will Rock You Queen tribute show which is being held at the Wisbech school between July 10-13.
He has performed in a number of productions at the school and taught himself how to play guitar.
Mrs Armstrong said: "He is going to sing Moondance, one of Van Morrison's songs, because he is a fan of Van Morrison and other similar artists.