Reader’s picture captures moments after daylight robbery in Wisbech
POLICE rush to the aid of a man moments after he is assaulted and robbed of his mobile phone close to Wisbech Park.
Bystanders phoned police as three men and a woman left their victim with cuts and grazes to his head and face in Park Street yesterday at 4.30pm.
One eyewitness said: “The man, in his 30s, was left confused and had difficulty standing. He was seemingly of East European origin and could not speak English.
“His attackers were also believed to be foreign and allegedly ran into a nearby house on Park Street.
“Due to the swift action of astounded onlookers, police and an ambulance were swiftly on the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said the victim refused treatment from paramedics and would not make an official complaint against his attackers.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller