Reader’s picture captures moments after daylight robbery in Wisbech
POLICE rush to the aid of a man moments after he is assaulted and robbed of his mobile phone close to Wisbech Park.
Bystanders phoned police as three men and a woman left their victim with cuts and grazes to his head and face in Park Street yesterday at 4.30pm.
One eyewitness said: “The man, in his 30s, was left confused and had difficulty standing. He was seemingly of East European origin and could not speak English.
“His attackers were also believed to be foreign and allegedly ran into a nearby house on Park Street.
“Due to the swift action of astounded onlookers, police and an ambulance were swiftly on the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said the victim refused treatment from paramedics and would not make an official complaint against his attackers.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week