Reader’s picture captures moments after daylight robbery in Wisbech
POLICE rush to the aid of a man moments after he is assaulted and robbed of his mobile phone close to Wisbech Park.
Bystanders phoned police as three men and a woman left their victim with cuts and grazes to his head and face in Park Street yesterday at 4.30pm.
One eyewitness said: “The man, in his 30s, was left confused and had difficulty standing. He was seemingly of East European origin and could not speak English.
“His attackers were also believed to be foreign and allegedly ran into a nearby house on Park Street.
“Due to the swift action of astounded onlookers, police and an ambulance were swiftly on the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said the victim refused treatment from paramedics and would not make an official complaint against his attackers.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 3 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 8 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 9 Body found in Wisbech road
- 10 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs