£250 boost for Steve Barclay MP’s Read to Succeed campaign as it heads into fourth year
- Credit: Archant
Steve Barclay MP’s Read to Succeed campaign – which is now in its fourth year - has received its first donation for 2019.
Bowsers Solicitors, who have offices in March and Wisbech, donated £250 to the initiative, which aims to encourage reading during the school holidays.
Chris Ringham, practice manager, said: “We are pleased to continue our support to the Read to Succeed campaign.
“Improving the reading skills for Year 4 children throughout the local community will help to provide them with better opportunities later in life.”
Mr Barclay launched the campaign in 2016 after a number of teachers raised concerns that many children fail to make progress during the summer holiday, when they are out of school.
You may also want to watch:
In the back of every book donated via the Read to Succeed campaign is a library token, which each child can take to their local library and take part in the Reading Agency’s Summer Reading Challenge.
Those who complete the challenge can win a number of prizes.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000