£250 boost for Steve Barclay MP’s Read to Succeed campaign as it heads into fourth year
- Credit: Archant
Steve Barclay MP’s Read to Succeed campaign – which is now in its fourth year - has received its first donation for 2019.
Bowsers Solicitors, who have offices in March and Wisbech, donated £250 to the initiative, which aims to encourage reading during the school holidays.
Chris Ringham, practice manager, said: “We are pleased to continue our support to the Read to Succeed campaign.
“Improving the reading skills for Year 4 children throughout the local community will help to provide them with better opportunities later in life.”
Mr Barclay launched the campaign in 2016 after a number of teachers raised concerns that many children fail to make progress during the summer holiday, when they are out of school.
You may also want to watch:
In the back of every book donated via the Read to Succeed campaign is a library token, which each child can take to their local library and take part in the Reading Agency’s Summer Reading Challenge.
Those who complete the challenge can win a number of prizes.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 5 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Animal firm 'left behind' in bid to stay afloat during pandemic
- 10 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines