Re-opened: Light Cinema, Wisbech, that closed temporarily after what bosses describe as ‘small, fire safety related issue’
- Credit: Archant
The Light Cinema, Wisbech, closed temporarily after what bosses say was a “small fire safety related issue”. It re-opens at 6pm tonight (Saturday)
The cinema will be showing films in screens 3 to 8 only.
Fire crews attended last night but manager Matt Sparrow told customers: “It’s nothing too drastic, however, your safety is paramount to me and I will not be opening the doors until I know for certain that all is well.”
Mr Sparrow said: “We will do our utmost to ensure all refunds for bookings made are dealt with swiftly and efficiently. “Therefore, we will be taking details from all customers who have been affected and processing refunds or re-issuing tickets from Monday.
“Please get in touch via email at email@example.com with your booking information.”
You may also want to watch:
The eight-screen cinema complex in Cromwell Road opened two years ago but was 11 years in the planning.
A spokesman said of the temporary closure: “Thank you for your patience and understanding. Your safety is our priority so we wanted to make sure everything was safe before opening our doors again.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 8 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
Anybody who could not attend a pre-booked screening should email their details to firstname.lastname@example.org