Re-opened: Light Cinema, Wisbech, that closed temporarily after what bosses describe as ‘small, fire safety related issue’
- Credit: Archant
The Light Cinema, Wisbech, closed temporarily after what bosses say was a “small fire safety related issue”. It re-opens at 6pm tonight (Saturday)
The cinema will be showing films in screens 3 to 8 only.
Fire crews attended last night but manager Matt Sparrow told customers: “It’s nothing too drastic, however, your safety is paramount to me and I will not be opening the doors until I know for certain that all is well.”
Mr Sparrow said: “We will do our utmost to ensure all refunds for bookings made are dealt with swiftly and efficiently. “Therefore, we will be taking details from all customers who have been affected and processing refunds or re-issuing tickets from Monday.
“Please get in touch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your booking information.”
You may also want to watch:
The eight-screen cinema complex in Cromwell Road opened two years ago but was 11 years in the planning.
A spokesman said of the temporary closure: “Thank you for your patience and understanding. Your safety is our priority so we wanted to make sure everything was safe before opening our doors again.”
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
Anybody who could not attend a pre-booked screening should email their details to email@example.com