Rangers to help out at Jubilee street party and fair for Wisbech on June 4
THE 3rd Wisbech Rangers are looking forward to the Queen’s Jubilee because they are going to be helping out at the street party being organised by Wisbech Town Council, and friends.
“The party is due to fill the Market Place in Wisbech on Bank Holiday Monday June 4 with frivolity and fun,” says town clerk Erbie Murat.
“There will be free fairground rides for the children, free face painter, and a free balloon twister.
“There will also be a free climbing wall, and toddler climber for everyone, and to cap it all there will be free live music of every variety from Country to Blues to just plain fun.”
The Rangers will be on the information stall and helping to steward the event, and they will be assisted by the Girls Venture Corps. Also helping out will be cadets from all corners of the district, vintage vehicles including Vivien the 1935 fire engine and lots of stalls.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Samantha Hoy, chairman of the town council working party, said the council will be paying for all the entertainments “so all the children can have a go at whatever they fancy free of charge.
“The mayor will open the Street Party at 12 noon, followed by a rendition of God Save the Queen, and then the fun begins. Put it in your diary – it’s going to be great fun for all the family.”
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 8 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47