Raise money for Cancer Research UK by taking part in Wisbech Grammar School’s Race for Life
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech leg of Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life takes place next month.
Race At Your Place is held on Wednesday June 29 from 6pm till 8pm and is being organised by Wisbech Grammar School.
The 5k running or walking event is open to boys and girls, teachers, parents and friends, say organisers.
Karen Barclay, registrar, said: “Last year the school raised a wonderful £2,750 and we are hoping to beat that amount this year.”
There will be a free aerobic warm-up session, live music from the grammar school’s steel band, BBQ food, face painting and a tombola.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available via ParentPay or a booking slip can be requested from event co-ordinator Geoff Howes via GEHowes@WisbechGrammar.com
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 9 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’