Raise money for Cancer Research UK by taking part in Wisbech Grammar School’s Race for Life
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech leg of Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life takes place next month.
Race At Your Place is held on Wednesday June 29 from 6pm till 8pm and is being organised by Wisbech Grammar School.
The 5k running or walking event is open to boys and girls, teachers, parents and friends, say organisers.
Karen Barclay, registrar, said: “Last year the school raised a wonderful £2,750 and we are hoping to beat that amount this year.”
There will be a free aerobic warm-up session, live music from the grammar school’s steel band, BBQ food, face painting and a tombola.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available via ParentPay or a booking slip can be requested from event co-ordinator Geoff Howes via GEHowes@WisbechGrammar.com
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Share your views on our newspaper via reader survey
- 5 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 6 Woman ‘drink driver’ arrested for having no licence or insurance
- 7 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 8 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Man who died in road crash is named