Raise a glass to a January sale
HUSBANDS or boy-friends who tell their wives or girlfriends they re off to the January sales in Wisbech next week won t be lying if they get discovered having a quiet drink. For pub chain Wetherspoons has joined the ranks of High Street stores by dropping
HUSBANDS or boy-friends who tell their wives or girlfriends they're off to the January sales in Wisbech next week won't be lying if they get discovered having a quiet drink.
For pub chain Wetherspoons has joined the ranks of High Street stores by dropping prices as it stages its own January sale.
"Pub-goers can enjoy a January sale with a difference," says Paul Kearney, manager of The Wheatsheaf Inn.
"Department stores and shops hold their sales in January, so I thought it would be a good idea to have one in the pub, too.
"We've cut the price of a number of drinks and meals at the pub from Tuesday, January 2 to Wednesday, January 17 inclusive."
Among the drinks on offer will be:
- 1 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 2 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 3 Sex offender case adjourned due to judge's concerns
- 4 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 7 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 8 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 9 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 10 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- A pint of Marston's Pedigree bitter at £1.39 (normal price £1.59).
- A pint of Carling at £1.49 (normal price £1.89).
- A pint of Guinness at £1.69 (normal price £2.20).
- A bottle of Zywiec (Polish beer) at £1.49 (normal price £2.10).
- A glass of red or white wine at £1.49 (normal price £1.99).
- A range of coffees for 49p (normal price 69p).
- And a selection of fruit juices at 99p (normal price £1.15).
"In addition, customers will also be able to enjoy reduced prices on food," said Mr Kearney.
"The range of drinks on sale is aimed as suiting all tastes, and I believe that given the choice of a trip to a sale at the shops or a sale at The Wheatsheaf Inn, most people would prefer to visit the pub.