Raise a glass to a January sale
PUBLISHED: 05:17 29 December 2006 | UPDATED: 19:53 01 June 2010
HUSBANDS or boy-friends who tell their wives or girlfriends they re off to the January sales in Wisbech next week won t be lying if they get discovered having a quiet drink. For pub chain Wetherspoons has joined the ranks of High Street stores by dropping
HUSBANDS or boy-friends who tell their wives or girlfriends they're off to the January sales in Wisbech next week won't be lying if they get discovered having a quiet drink.
For pub chain Wetherspoons has joined the ranks of High Street stores by dropping prices as it stages its own January sale.
"Pub-goers can enjoy a January sale with a difference," says Paul Kearney, manager of The Wheatsheaf Inn.
"Department stores and shops hold their sales in January, so I thought it would be a good idea to have one in the pub, too.
"We've cut the price of a number of drinks and meals at the pub from Tuesday, January 2 to Wednesday, January 17 inclusive."
Among the drinks on offer will be:
- A pint of Marston's Pedigree bitter at £1.39 (normal price £1.59).
- A pint of Carling at £1.49 (normal price £1.89).
- A pint of Guinness at £1.69 (normal price £2.20).
- A bottle of Zywiec (Polish beer) at £1.49 (normal price £2.10).
- A glass of red or white wine at £1.49 (normal price £1.99).
- A range of coffees for 49p (normal price 69p).
- And a selection of fruit juices at 99p (normal price £1.15).
"In addition, customers will also be able to enjoy reduced prices on food," said Mr Kearney.
"The range of drinks on sale is aimed as suiting all tastes, and I believe that given the choice of a trip to a sale at the shops or a sale at The Wheatsheaf Inn, most people would prefer to visit the pub.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Wisbech Standard. Click the link in the orange box above for details.