Rainbow coloured madness all for a good cause in Wisbech Park.
- Credit: Archant
The sunshine brought people out in their masses to enjoy the rainbow coloured madness that is the Brinks Colour Run.
The 5K run is enjoyed by families and more seasoned runners to raise money for charity.
A spokesman said: “The Brinks Colour Run would like to say a massive thank you to Three Counties Running Club for setting out the course and for all you wonderful volunteers – you are all stars!
“To First Aid + Care Training for supplying their services today, Active Fenland for their support before and during the event and Wisbech Town Council, for community funding to make this event affordable.
“Also to Tin Fish, our creative partners, who manage and market our events all for free.
You may also want to watch:
“Finally a big thank you to everyone who took part we can’t wait for next year.”
Mayor, councillor Steve Tierney, joined in the fun and said on his blog: “I joined a huge group of other mad people to run 5K around Wisbech Park in the blazing sun while other people threw paint at us.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
“I seemed to get a lot of paint, which may have had something to do with the mc shouting: ‘There’s the Mayor, get him’ or words to that effect throughout the event.
“It was enormous fun. Those superfit people from the running club looked like they’d taken a gentle stroll, while some of us gasped for air and gulped water down.
“Enjoyed every minute of it.”