Rain? What rain as crowds ignore the weather to make Wisbech Christmas Market a spectacular success
- Credit: Archant
It’s a tradition that all agreed needed tweaking – and so Wisbech Christmas Market upped sticks and moved.
Not that it left town, of course, but the switch to a Sunday from a Monday was hailed by all as a spectacular success.
The rain may have strike a minor blow to proceedings but it failed to dampen the enthusiasm of the dozens who set up stall in and around the town centre.
And it certainly failed to dampen the enthusiasm of the crowds that came to support it.
“The town today was such a pleasure to be in,” said one market goer. “Well done to those who got today organised.”
You may also want to watch:
Reindeers, the appearance of Santa throughout the day, and an abundance of Christmas produce and gifts – and some fairground rides- ensured there was much for all to enjoy.
Another enthusiastic visitor said: “I hope from now on it will always fall on a Sunday. “We got there for open but it soon got busy. Well done to everyone involved for correctly changing dates to a Sunday.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
A parent said: “Great day today the town was buzzing thanks to the people involved in getting access for Santa to arrive at Beales for Breakfast with Santa this morning ........the kids loved it.”
Councillor Michael Bucknor said: “There was a good turnout with lots to do. The ice rink was a big success. It was great to hear the children enjoying themselves, loads of laughter.
“The weather wasn’t too bad, just a bit of drizzle but it was mild.”
The Christmas Fair organisers were delighted with the day.
“Thank you so much for all the lovely comments- we’re pleased so many enjoyed the day,” they said.