Raft race, It’s a Knockout and family fun as villagers turn out in force for Outwell Gala
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people turned out as rafts battled it out in a race to the finish line at the weekend.
The crowd-pleasing raft race, from the Crown Lodge Hotel to the Crown Pub, was one of the highlights of the annual Outwell Gala, which is organised by the Outwell Village Hall Committee.
The winners of the adults race were Uptown Monk, while The Basket Boat triumphed in the juniors category.
Also on Saturday was a barbecue organised by the Well Creek Trust.
Yesterday, competitors were pitted against each other in an It’s a Knockout Competition.
You may also want to watch:
The junior winners were The Maniacs, while Sweet Dreams won the adult contest.
There were also sideshows, bouncy castles, game stalls and craft stalls.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 5 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 8 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 9 Family of man who died at quarry plead with people not to swim
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour
The gala was brought to a close with an evening family party with live music and disco support.
Organiser Paul Smith said: “The village was absolutely packed with people. It was good to see.
“Thanks to Goldings for providing the equipment for the It’s a Knock Out Competition and Outwell Village Hall and Playing Fields Committee.
“Also, thanks to all the volunteers for all their hard work to put on the event.”