Raft race, It’s a Knockout and family fun as villagers turn out in force for Outwell Gala
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people turned out as rafts battled it out in a race to the finish line at the weekend.
The crowd-pleasing raft race, from the Crown Lodge Hotel to the Crown Pub, was one of the highlights of the annual Outwell Gala, which is organised by the Outwell Village Hall Committee.
The winners of the adults race were Uptown Monk, while The Basket Boat triumphed in the juniors category.
Also on Saturday was a barbecue organised by the Well Creek Trust.
Yesterday, competitors were pitted against each other in an It’s a Knockout Competition.
You may also want to watch:
The junior winners were The Maniacs, while Sweet Dreams won the adult contest.
There were also sideshows, bouncy castles, game stalls and craft stalls.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
The gala was brought to a close with an evening family party with live music and disco support.
Organiser Paul Smith said: “The village was absolutely packed with people. It was good to see.
“Thanks to Goldings for providing the equipment for the It’s a Knock Out Competition and Outwell Village Hall and Playing Fields Committee.
“Also, thanks to all the volunteers for all their hard work to put on the event.”