Raft race, It’s a Knockout and family fun as villagers turn out in force for Outwell Gala
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people turned out as rafts battled it out in a race to the finish line at the weekend.
The crowd-pleasing raft race, from the Crown Lodge Hotel to the Crown Pub, was one of the highlights of the annual Outwell Gala, which is organised by the Outwell Village Hall Committee.
The winners of the adults race were Uptown Monk, while The Basket Boat triumphed in the juniors category.
Also on Saturday was a barbecue organised by the Well Creek Trust.
Yesterday, competitors were pitted against each other in an It’s a Knockout Competition.
The junior winners were The Maniacs, while Sweet Dreams won the adult contest.
There were also sideshows, bouncy castles, game stalls and craft stalls.
- 1 Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 5 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
The gala was brought to a close with an evening family party with live music and disco support.
Organiser Paul Smith said: “The village was absolutely packed with people. It was good to see.
“Thanks to Goldings for providing the equipment for the It’s a Knock Out Competition and Outwell Village Hall and Playing Fields Committee.
“Also, thanks to all the volunteers for all their hard work to put on the event.”