Radio listeners donate £12,000 of toys to help area’s families in need including those in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Listeners of a local radio station helped brighten Christmas for families in need in Wisbech.
KLFM ran a toy appeal and those identified for Wisbech were handed over to the Salvation Army to distribute.
Breakfast presenter Simon Rowe popped along to the Oasis Centre where he dropped off the toys ready to be given out along with food parcels.
Chris Stevens, the Oasis Community Centre manager together with Simon thanked Asda, Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s in King’s Lynn, Wisbech, Downham Market, Hunstanton and Swaffham.
The King’s Lynn Ladies Circle, Asda in South Wootton, Dersingham Brownies, Sandringham Guides and so many more who spent an evening each packaging up all the presents on behalf of everyone who received one of these wonderful gifts.
You may also want to watch:
But the biggest thank you went to the KLFM listeners who kindly donated over £12,000 worth of presents. Some of the toys collected have also gone to families in Cumbria who are still experiencing flooding and have lost everything.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 7 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 8 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide