Radio listeners donate £12,000 of toys to help area’s families in need including those in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Listeners of a local radio station helped brighten Christmas for families in need in Wisbech.
KLFM ran a toy appeal and those identified for Wisbech were handed over to the Salvation Army to distribute.
Breakfast presenter Simon Rowe popped along to the Oasis Centre where he dropped off the toys ready to be given out along with food parcels.
Chris Stevens, the Oasis Community Centre manager together with Simon thanked Asda, Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s in King’s Lynn, Wisbech, Downham Market, Hunstanton and Swaffham.
The King’s Lynn Ladies Circle, Asda in South Wootton, Dersingham Brownies, Sandringham Guides and so many more who spent an evening each packaging up all the presents on behalf of everyone who received one of these wonderful gifts.
You may also want to watch:
But the biggest thank you went to the KLFM listeners who kindly donated over £12,000 worth of presents. Some of the toys collected have also gone to families in Cumbria who are still experiencing flooding and have lost everything.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka