Radio listeners donate £12,000 of toys to help area’s families in need including those in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Listeners of a local radio station helped brighten Christmas for families in need in Wisbech.
KLFM ran a toy appeal and those identified for Wisbech were handed over to the Salvation Army to distribute.
Breakfast presenter Simon Rowe popped along to the Oasis Centre where he dropped off the toys ready to be given out along with food parcels.
Chris Stevens, the Oasis Community Centre manager together with Simon thanked Asda, Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s in King’s Lynn, Wisbech, Downham Market, Hunstanton and Swaffham.
The King’s Lynn Ladies Circle, Asda in South Wootton, Dersingham Brownies, Sandringham Guides and so many more who spent an evening each packaging up all the presents on behalf of everyone who received one of these wonderful gifts.
You may also want to watch:
But the biggest thank you went to the KLFM listeners who kindly donated over £12,000 worth of presents. Some of the toys collected have also gone to families in Cumbria who are still experiencing flooding and have lost everything.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 8 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash