Quotes of the week
Once companies know that someone at your address is replying, they will just send more and more scams to you. Trading standards official warning householders in the Fens not to respond in any way to bogus letters suggesting you might have won a prize in
'Once companies know that someone at your address is replying, they will just send more and more scams to you.'
Trading standards official warning householders in the Fens not to respond in any way to bogus letters suggesting you might have won a prize in a competition.
'My concern now is that we find and rescue others across the county in Cambridge, Peterborough, Fenland and elsewhere, who are being kept prisoner and forced to sell their bodies to line the pockets of criminal gangs who are making thousands of pounds a day.'
Det Chief Insp Paul Fullwood, head of the force's Serious and Organised Crime Unit, releasing more accounts of migrant workers sold into the sex trade.
You may also want to watch:
'It is insane. I have worn it in the city centre hundreds of times.'
Forklift truck driver David Pratt threatened with an £80 for wearing a T-shirt in Peterborough containing a four-letter word.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 8 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
'I could not believe what I was watching. If it was not for my son being there I would have gone absolutely bananas - 50 people were watching that film for nothing.'
Trevor Wicks, owner of the East Anglian-based Hollywood cinema chain on a Norwich City Supporters' Club trip when the driver suddenly decided to show a pirate copy of The Simpsons.