Quotes of the week
Even at this level, people just can t afford to keep paying Wisbech Town manager Dick Creasey bemoaning four games in eight days, which ended with just 179 turning up to see the team beat Histon Reserves on New Year s Day. Each bear usually takes abo
'Even at this level, people just can't afford to keep paying'
Wisbech Town manager Dick Creasey bemoaning four games in eight days, which ended with just 179 turning up to see the team beat Histon Reserves on New Year's Day.
'Each bear usually takes about 20 hours to make. But, obviously, that depends on how many cans of beer the bear builders, or 'straw engineers' as they like to be called, drink'
Carol Cornell, one of the organisers of this weekend's Whittlesey Straw Bear Festival.
'This is totally outrageous and leaves patients from other ethnic origins, with little or no English knowledge, totally without a voice when they come to see doctors'
Health care worker protesting over the decision by Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust to slash interpreting services to stop a £40,000 overspend.
- 1 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 2 ‘Strange looking candy floss...’ seized during police patrol
- 3 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 4 Cops catch out suspected drug driver who faked identity
- 5 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 6 Wisbech collectors antique Tudor manuscript going up for auction
- 7 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 8 Mission to eliminate hepatitis C on target in town
- 9 Second man charged in connection with Mihai Dobre murder
- 10 Man who glassed another man in the head after a fight jailed
'Bogus clothing collectors routinely take donations meant for legitimate charities'
Shailesh Vara, MP for NW Cambridgeshire, on the growth of unscrupulous collectors.
'If you can get a job inside the animal testing lab at Huntingdon Life Sciences, and you can obtain video evidence of illegal animal cruelty, we will pay you £5,000. Interested?'
Extract from a leaflet being hand-delivered to homes throughout Fenland.