Quick reactions of Wisbech men prevent bin fire at Tinkers Drove from spreading further
- Credit: Archant
A pair of eagle-eyed Wisbech men reacted quickly and prevented fire from spreading further when they saw a bin ablaze at the weekend.
Martin Chapman and Sean McCarthy moved the rest of the bins and called the fire brigade when they noticed the incident on Sunday afternoon.
The fire, which was also caught on camera from a bedroom window, happened near the Elton House flats in Tinkers Drove.
The photos document the bin ablaze, then turning into ash and rubble, before fire-fighters arrive to extinguish what’s left of the bin.
Melanie Laura Mccarthy shared the photos on popular Facebook group Wisbech Discussion Forum. .
You may also want to watch:
She wrote: “If you’re all wondering what the fire engine is about, someone set fire to the bin at Elton House flats down Tinkers Drove.
“I’m disgusted,” she added. “I live in this block with a baby.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 5 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 6 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 9 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 10 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
“The firemen worked fast and I couldn’t fault them - well done guys,” she added.
“And well done to my partner and brother for acting fast.”
Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service believe the blaze may have been caused by a disposable BBQ that had been put in the bin.