Queen Elizabeth Hospital to host free ‘Look after your Heart’ event in attempt to fight Coronary Heart Disease
- Credit: Archant
Staff at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn are hoping to help the fight against Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) by hosting a free healthcare event next month.
CHD is one of the country’s major causes of death and specialist doctors and nurses will be explaining how to ‘Look after your Heart – the facts about Coronary Heart Disease’ during the session on Thursday May 18.
More than 73,000 deaths in the UK are caused by Coronary Heart Disease each year and the West Norfolk area has some of the highest rates of CHD in the.
One of the event’s key speakers is one of the hospital’s cardiology nurses, Kate Sidell.
She said: “Coronary Heart Disease is one of the major causes of death in this country. Lifestyle plays a big part in developing the condition such as smoking, high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, lack of exercise and poor diet.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a pretty steady referral rate with between 600 and 700 people being referred to the service each year.
“We are hoping that people will come along to the event to learn more about how to prevent the condition.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 4 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 8 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
• The free event will be held at the Hospital’s Inspire Centre, which is close to the mini roundabout on Gayton Road, and also includes refreshments.
Visitors are asked to attend from 6.30pm for a 7pm start. Places are limited.
Those wishing to attend are asked to contact Foundation Trust Membership Officer Mary Denmark by calling 01553 613142 or email email@example.com.