Pupils celebrate end of Year 11 studies at the annual Thomas Clarkson Academy’s prom held at the Elme Hall Hotel in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at the Thomas Clarkson Academy in Wisbech ensured their Year 11 studies ended in style on Friday when they put on the glitz for their prom.
A flotilla of vehicles from limousines to veteran cars and even a horse and carriage worthy of a Disney princess, ferried the students to the event at Elme Hall in Wisbech as other students, family and friends gathered to watch the stylish arrivals.
Girls wore glamorous frocks with tiaras and high heels while the boys were stylish in suits and ties.
The evening included dancing in the hall which was lavishly decorated for the event.
The event also included the all important vote to choose a prom king and queen.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers were delighted with the event’s success describing it as ‘absolutely brilliant’ and thanked Elme Hall Hotel for hosting the night, which marked the end of an era as many pupils will be moving on to further education in September.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide