Pupils celebrate end of Year 11 studies at the annual Thomas Clarkson Academy’s prom held at the Elme Hall Hotel in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at the Thomas Clarkson Academy in Wisbech ensured their Year 11 studies ended in style on Friday when they put on the glitz for their prom.
A flotilla of vehicles from limousines to veteran cars and even a horse and carriage worthy of a Disney princess, ferried the students to the event at Elme Hall in Wisbech as other students, family and friends gathered to watch the stylish arrivals.
Girls wore glamorous frocks with tiaras and high heels while the boys were stylish in suits and ties.
The evening included dancing in the hall which was lavishly decorated for the event.
The event also included the all important vote to choose a prom king and queen.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers were delighted with the event’s success describing it as ‘absolutely brilliant’ and thanked Elme Hall Hotel for hosting the night, which marked the end of an era as many pupils will be moving on to further education in September.
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began