Pub team kicked out of Wisbech pool league
BY Tom Jackson A PUB pool team has been kicked out of a Wisbech league after claims that one of its players behaved improperly towards a female player from an opposing team. The player s actions have seen the Five Bells pool team kicked out of the Wisbec
BY Tom Jackson
A PUB pool team has been kicked out of a Wisbech league after claims that one of its players behaved improperly towards a female player from an opposing team.
The player's actions have seen the Five Bells pool team kicked out of the Wisbech and District Pool Leagues after a member of the league committee, who went to watch the match, witnessed the incident.
Tom Read, pool promotions manager for Cherry Automatics, which sponsors the league, and chairman of the pool committee, said: "This type of behaviour will not be tolerated in our pool leagues.
You may also want to watch:
"The Five Bells is banned from entering the league on a permanent basis, and all their players will not be allowed back into the league because they should not have let one of their team-mates behave like that."
Mr Read said that, when the team arrived for their match on Sunday evening, the two female members of the team went into the pool room at the Five Bells, in Norfolk Street, while the male players bought drinks. The men went into the room to see one of the women in tears.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 3 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 4 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
Mr Read said the woman involved in the incident " was left distressed by it and team picked their cues up and left. But, fortunately for us, a committee member went to watch the match."
He added the team was "happy" the Five Bells was expelled from the league.