Fenland pub-goers raise more than £2,800 for East Anglian Air Ambulance in year-long fundraising effort
- Credit: Supplied
A handful of Fenland pub-goers have raised more than £2,800 for a local air ambulance charity following a year of fundraising.
Customers at The Bridge Inn at Wisbech St Mary enjoyed a well-earned party after handing over £2,850 to the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
The group have already started preparing pots and decorations to sell at a home and garden auction in May to raise more charity cash.
Rita Gammon, pub landlady, said: “So good to have so many turn up for our fundraisers celebration party, thankyou everyone, hope you had fun.
“Locals have already started working hard setting seeds, potting up and taking cuttings.
You may also want to watch:
“We are upcycling and making pots and decorations all for the next ‘Home and Garden Auction’.
“This is just one of the annual events which helps to add to our charity fund.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
“Thanks to the generosity of all the revellers, including Pagan Gould’s encore hat money we have already made a good start on next year’s fund. Well done everyone.”