Fenland pub-goers raise more than £2,800 for East Anglian Air Ambulance in year-long fundraising effort
- Credit: Supplied
A handful of Fenland pub-goers have raised more than £2,800 for a local air ambulance charity following a year of fundraising.
Customers at The Bridge Inn at Wisbech St Mary enjoyed a well-earned party after handing over £2,850 to the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
The group have already started preparing pots and decorations to sell at a home and garden auction in May to raise more charity cash.
Rita Gammon, pub landlady, said: “So good to have so many turn up for our fundraisers celebration party, thankyou everyone, hope you had fun.
“Locals have already started working hard setting seeds, potting up and taking cuttings.
You may also want to watch:
“We are upcycling and making pots and decorations all for the next ‘Home and Garden Auction’.
“This is just one of the annual events which helps to add to our charity fund.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 3 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 8 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
“Thanks to the generosity of all the revellers, including Pagan Gould’s encore hat money we have already made a good start on next year’s fund. Well done everyone.”