Fenland pub-goers raise more than £2,800 for East Anglian Air Ambulance in year-long fundraising effort
- Credit: Supplied
A handful of Fenland pub-goers have raised more than £2,800 for a local air ambulance charity following a year of fundraising.
Customers at The Bridge Inn at Wisbech St Mary enjoyed a well-earned party after handing over £2,850 to the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
The group have already started preparing pots and decorations to sell at a home and garden auction in May to raise more charity cash.
Rita Gammon, pub landlady, said: “So good to have so many turn up for our fundraisers celebration party, thankyou everyone, hope you had fun.
“Locals have already started working hard setting seeds, potting up and taking cuttings.
You may also want to watch:
“We are upcycling and making pots and decorations all for the next ‘Home and Garden Auction’.
“This is just one of the annual events which helps to add to our charity fund.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
“Thanks to the generosity of all the revellers, including Pagan Gould’s encore hat money we have already made a good start on next year’s fund. Well done everyone.”