Pub gets an apple turnover
TRAFFIC on a rural road was brought to a standstill on Monday after a trailer filled with apples over-turned, spilling all its contents. The accident happened at around 11am at a bend on Leverington Common, Leverington, near to the Rising Sun public house
TRAFFIC on a rural road was brought to a standstill on Monday after a trailer filled with apples over-turned, spilling all its contents.
The accident happened at around 11am at a bend on Leverington Common, Leverington, near to the Rising Sun public house.
A tractor was pulling a trailer loaded with crates of apples, around the bend when the trailer overturned.
Witnesses said a rope holding the crates on the trailer snapped resulting in the apples crashing off and spilling all over the road and pavement.
You may also want to watch:
Reader Diana Bailey, who took the photograph, said: "I know the Rising Sun sells cider, but you'd think they would wait for the apples to be turned into the cider before taking delivery, wouldn't you!"
The apples are believed to have come from a nearby orchard in the village.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
Landlord Tim Pearce said the bend where the accident happened was dangerous, as many vehicles would take it at high speed.
He hoped the highways authority or county council would do something to stop motorists speeding along the blind bend.