St John Ambulance cadets were presented with the Grand Prior Award by County Commander, Ivan Palmer at their headquarters in Wisbech. Danny Broughton and Colin Bailey earned their awards – the highest cadets can achieve – after completing 24 specialist co
St John Ambulance cadets were presented with the Grand Prior Award by County Commander, Ivan Palmer at their headquarters in Wisbech.
Danny Broughton and Colin Bailey earned their awards - the highest cadets can achieve - after completing 24 specialist courses in subjects ranging from nursing to fire-fighting.
Margaret Cave, a former mayor of Wisbech, who has completed over 20 years' service as divisional president, was presented with a statue of the Knight of the Order of St John. Nationwide only three of these statues have ever been presented.
Cambridgeshire County President Philippa Slatter then swore in the new division president, Ann Carlisle, another former Wisbech mayor.
You may also want to watch:
n Pictured at the presentation are, from left, Danny Broughton, Ann Carlisle, Ivan Palmer, Philippa Slatter, Margaret Cave and Colin Bailey.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Two drink drivers lose their licences