St John Ambulance cadets were presented with the Grand Prior Award by County Commander, Ivan Palmer at their headquarters in Wisbech. Danny Broughton and Colin Bailey earned their awards – the highest cadets can achieve – after completing 24 specialist co
St John Ambulance cadets were presented with the Grand Prior Award by County Commander, Ivan Palmer at their headquarters in Wisbech.
Danny Broughton and Colin Bailey earned their awards - the highest cadets can achieve - after completing 24 specialist courses in subjects ranging from nursing to fire-fighting.
Margaret Cave, a former mayor of Wisbech, who has completed over 20 years' service as divisional president, was presented with a statue of the Knight of the Order of St John. Nationwide only three of these statues have ever been presented.
Cambridgeshire County President Philippa Slatter then swore in the new division president, Ann Carlisle, another former Wisbech mayor.
You may also want to watch:
n Pictured at the presentation are, from left, Danny Broughton, Ann Carlisle, Ivan Palmer, Philippa Slatter, Margaret Cave and Colin Bailey.
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault