St John Ambulance cadets were presented with the Grand Prior Award by County Commander, Ivan Palmer at their headquarters in Wisbech. Danny Broughton and Colin Bailey earned their awards – the highest cadets can achieve – after completing 24 specialist co
St John Ambulance cadets were presented with the Grand Prior Award by County Commander, Ivan Palmer at their headquarters in Wisbech.
Danny Broughton and Colin Bailey earned their awards - the highest cadets can achieve - after completing 24 specialist courses in subjects ranging from nursing to fire-fighting.
Margaret Cave, a former mayor of Wisbech, who has completed over 20 years' service as divisional president, was presented with a statue of the Knight of the Order of St John. Nationwide only three of these statues have ever been presented.
Cambridgeshire County President Philippa Slatter then swore in the new division president, Ann Carlisle, another former Wisbech mayor.
You may also want to watch:
n Pictured at the presentation are, from left, Danny Broughton, Ann Carlisle, Ivan Palmer, Philippa Slatter, Margaret Cave and Colin Bailey.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 6 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat